Mark,
I can assure you I am not ignorant--and two of my personal experiences come from competing against B.E. When I was at Summerville the year after we won state in 84(B.E.won it that same year) Dieter Beckmann(who helped out your first head coach Susan Arnold) approached me and told me he had become aware of a scholarship fund that was in place and that he was only giving me a "heads up" because he felt a couple of our players and parents were going to be approached.

When I was at Fort Dorchester in the mid 90's several of my players told me of a strong player(Brack Hahn)that lived 35 miles from B.E. and living in our district that openly talked of this.

Within a year, a family moved from Florida( very nice African American family--father was an officer in the Coast Guard and had been transferred to Charleston and they lived in our distict)requsted a tour of FDHS and athletic facilities. They had 2 sons who were supposed to be very good players.
A week later the parents came by to thank me for my time and to inform me the boys had been offered a scholarship(their words, not mine) to attend Pinewood.

These are the personal experiences I know of because I experienced them. I am again not out to bash these schools or their programs, just to state facts as I know them.