Quote:

The following is the link to the article on the Lower State 1A champion: http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/may/18/soccer-riptide-advance-state-final/

It is fantastic that they made it to the state finals in their first year of varsity soccer. They did this with 5 girls on the team - one being the starting goalie. Do they have much of a chance against Christ Church? I would think not, but it is quite an accomplishment to get there.

Also, I am sure a lot will recognize the name of their coach.

This is an incredible story. Congrats to the Riptide for making the state championship in their first year of varsity competition with a true co-ed team and no twelfth graders. I understand that there are no more than 2 players on the roster that even play club ball and that some of whom are either in their first year of organized soccer or haven't played since they played "micro ball." Kudos to Hayne Painter for the way he has coached up his kids. Hopefully, they will be able to acquit themselves nicely on Saturday against heavily, heavily favored Christ Church Episcopal.