Quote:

Same private schools in the finals every year...

It's fairly obvious how insignificant these private school state championship victories mean to anyone, especially the private school players. When winning is so easy nothing holds a great degree of significance. Has to suck to win all those meaningless state championships. If I were golliath, i would pound david 9/10 times. Not like that feels good or anything.

I wonder if anyone at these private schools has thought about how much they rob their players of the chance to face real adversity. These players never have to feel worthy of anything. Christ Church, Bishop England, 8/10 years have way more talented teams than their public school counterparts (although either team mentioned would greatly struggle to win SCISA league).

Has to suck to be a player and know you don't have to work hard to win. If I were the coach of a team like that, i'd feel pathetic knowing I wasn't challenging myself and especially my players to our fullest potential. Some people like it the easy way, though. Very sad. Very sad.

Wow - where to begin. First, I don't think that Christ Church or Bishop England would "struggle" in SCISA. Yes, Cardinal Newman is nationally ranked this year and, yes, Pinewood has quite a streak going against BE (almost all of them have been won in PKs), but CCES and BE would be very competitive and very welcome in SCISA AAA.

Conversely, other posters on here try to denigrade Pinewood's SCISA championships with the constant refrain of "Why don't you play in the public school league?" First of all, its the High School League not the "public school league." There have always been private schools in the High School League. A number of SCISA members (Porter-Gaud, Heathwood Hall, Cardinal Newman and Ben Lippen for four) are former High School League members. Secondly, notwithstanding Christ Church and St Joseph's, Pinewood would find even less competition in SCHSL Single A (particularly now that AMHS has moved to AA). Now, if Pinewood and Porter-Gaud both went to SCHSL to play AA in everything except American football, that would be a completely different story. A region with AMHS, BE, Pinewood and Porter would be a natural (Pinewood and Porter could play with Military Magnet, Burke, St. John's and Baptist Hill in Single A football).

What I would really like to see is the top independent, parochial, Christian, magnet and charter schools all play in the same division (whether a division of SCHSL or of SCISA).

Here is what such a new division might look like:

Upstate Region: Christ Church, Greenville Tech Charter, St. Joseph's, Southside Christian and Spartanburg Day

Midlands Region: Ben Lippen, Camden Military, Cardinal Newman, Hammond, Heathwood Hall and Wilson Hall

Lowcountry Region: Academic Magnet, Ashley Hall, Bishop England, Pinewood and Porter-Gaud,

And perhaps a second Lowcountry Region: First Baptist, Hilton Head Christian, Hilton Head Prep and Northwood.

Bishop England would be the top dog in such a division in that its enrollment is more than twice that of Porter-Gaud (the next largest school) but so be it. I don't think you would hear any whining of "no fair" from the from rest of us. Sometimes, you just have to buck up and play harder.