Quote:

Same private schools in the finals every year...

It's fairly obvious how insignificant these private school state championship victories mean to anyone, especially the private school players. When winning is so easy nothing holds a great degree of significance. Has to suck to win all those meaningless state championships. If I were golliath, i would pound david 9/10 times. Not like that feels good or anything.

I wonder if anyone at these private schools has thought about how much they rob their players of the chance to face real adversity. These players never have to feel worthy of anything. Christ Church, Bishop England, 8/10 years have way more talented teams than their public school counterparts (although either team mentioned would greatly struggle to win SCISA league).

Has to suck to be a player and know you don't have to work hard to win. If I were the coach of a team like that, i'd feel pathetic knowing I wasn't challenging myself and especially my players to our fullest potential. Some people like it the easy way, though. Very sad. Very sad.

Hate to continue the hijacking of this thread, but it appears Coach Scott has traded one "country club" school for another! Isn't this just sour grapes from the Emerald playing and coaching days? Always claiming to be the best "public school" (that had a lot more soccer resources than say Walhalla or Batesburg-Leesville) yet always losing to Bishop England in the Championship (I think y'all won it once or maybe twice). You can find out who is good in soccer (or supposed to be good) by checking out the annually produced Poverty Index. I bet most of those teams still playing hail from those more privileged schools. If those teams aren't winning then check to see who is in charge.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.