Quote:

Quote:

Same private schools in the finals every year...

It's fairly obvious how insignificant these private school state championship victories mean to anyone, especially the private school players. When winning is so easy nothing holds a great degree of significance. Has to suck to win all those meaningless state championships. If I were golliath, i would pound david 9/10 times. Not like that feels good or anything.

I wonder if anyone at these private schools has thought about how much they rob their players of the chance to face real adversity. These players never have to feel worthy of anything. Christ Church, Bishop England, 8/10 years have way more talented teams than their public school counterparts (although either team mentioned would greatly struggle to win SCISA league).

Has to suck to be a player and know you don't have to work hard to win. If I were the coach of a team like that, i'd feel pathetic knowing I wasn't challenging myself and especially my players to our fullest potential. Some people like it the easy way, though. Very sad. Very sad.

Not that I don't totally disagree with your statement because I think it's quite unfair myself but, I must remind you that Chapin has more money behind every player than any other public school in the state. Nobody operates on an equal level in HS athletics. You either do less with more, more with less or par for the course. BE/CC making the State Championship is about par for the course. BE losing a State Championship to an overhead kick in Sudden-Death? Call it what you want, less with more, underachieving, etc. I call it awesome. I agree with you though. The SCISA league would become extremely interesting to follow with all private schools lumped into it. This year it was kind of a 1.5 horse race. Yeah, PP was in the thick of it but most people agreed CN was the class of SCISA without equal. The last 7 years it was the opposite in PP's favor. It would be a great league with CC/BE/St.J/SSC in it; at least for soccer.

Where have you been shut up? It's been a long time! Did you get tired of us stupid people?