Quote:

How many parents of academically gifted students would tell their child not to take AP classes, but instead take CP classes so they could be in class with their friends?

Let me re-phrase.....why not argue for the elimination of Honors and AP level classes and simply offer CP or TP classes?

Big Daddy Maybe this is just me and my experience, but every kid that qualifies for AP classes can take AP classes, with minor exceptions. As has been stated many times in the post, all the best players are not playing DA. And you or someone else tried to make the excuse that it could be money, timing, family conflicts while leaving out another major factor. The kids are intentionally left off because they are from the wrong area, wrong school, would replace a popular but not as good player etc. Do not make it like this is an altruistic league with no personal axes to grind. If you are going to use the AP argument then let all the kids that qualify play DA or find a better way to select players then the current highly flawed method.