Quote:

I realize the major theme of this thread involves the Academy vs High School but seems to have sidebarred into the inadequate player development here vs the rest of the competitive world and it got me to thinking.
We have qualified for every World Cup since 1990, defeated #1(in the world at that time) and current World Cup holder, Spain 2-0 on nuetral ground( breaking a 35 game unbeaten streak)in a game we dominated.
Two days later we lost 3-2 to 5 time World Cup champ Brasil--all of this, 20 months ago.
We won our group in World Cup play( first time ever) and lost 2-1 on a late goal in elimination play.
Obviously our player development is in shambles.

Amen Anthony! I made this same statement earlier. Just because other parts of the world do it a certain way, doesn't mean it works for all. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I'd love to see results of teams trying to implement "Barcelona" style soccer without the Barcelona type of players. I can tell you what the result is going to be.

I would be interested in a copy of the email that was sent out stating that high school soccer would not be an option for Developmental Academy players. I'd like to read it for myself. Please forward to kheise@sc.rr.com. Thanks!