No email has been sent to SCUtd DA players regarding HS soccer. There's no reason to gin up the rumor mill. As I have said, I think the day will come when all DA players will be required to choose between Academy and HS, as has happened in other parts of the country. But it won't be as soon as 2012 in South Carolina.

Regarding "pool" players: There is no such thing. DA teams have "full-time" players and "developmental players." Developmental players are limited in the number of appearances they are allowed to make, and they pay commensurately lower fees. They are, however, free to train with the team as much as possible. Developmental players are required by DA rules to play for a DA club. If they prefer to play their club soccer at a different club, that's fine - but they can't be a Developmental player for an Academy team. There is no rule or practice of requiring a player to spend a certain amount of time as a Developmental player. Some will transition quickly to full-time, some slowly, and some not at all.

All coaches are encouraged to recommend potential DA players to Coach Strickland, Director of Coaching for ScUtd FC DA. Our coaches are continuously on the lookout for players, but no doubt miss a few.

Finally, I have not suggested that any HS coach(es) is or are the issue. The theory that informs the concept of year 'round Academy has far more to do with continuity of training in the Federation manner, and, most importantly, continuity of very high level competition.

Rather than perpetuate rumors, please contact Rob Strickland if you have real questions.

Last edited by HappyDaddy; 05/31/11 01:41 AM.