Quote:

I don't think the real question in this thread is about the quality of Academy training...I can only speak for myself, but I'm certain it is of top quality and highly beneficial. That was never an issue as far as I'm concerned. My only question is, in order for a player to get ANY of that top-quality Academy training, is it necessary for them to get it TO THE EXCLUSION OF EVERYTHING ELSE...or can we provide opportunities for them to take advantage of this great training and still leave room for them to exercise other options as well? Must it be all-year-all-Academy-or-nothing?

Honestly no. In between school and soccer thats all my son has time for. If he was a talented soccer player and also a talented musician or into drama or another sport....and he really wanted to chase more than 1 dream, then Academy probably isn't the right path. And thats without a year round program.

He hasn't played another sport since 7th grade basketball becasue of soccer. And that soccer interference predates his Academy participation.