Quote:

Quote:

Deep or wide Coach J.

I think the attributes that make a high school football player attractive to an SEC or ACC college......are pretty different from the attributes that attract an ACC soccer coach to a high school aged soccer player.

Its so much more about physicality.....strength, size and speed with football.

My guess is that Steve Spurrier would look at a kid that was 6'5 and 300 pounds, benching 350 pounds and running a 5 flat 40.....and say, i don't care about his footwork, I can teach him that. But i can't teach size and I can' teach speed. And if the kid has an ornery side.......perfect!!!!

Whereas I would think most ACC soccer coaches....while looking for athleticism, size, etc......are also wanting to see excellent technical and tactical ability.

Sports like soccer which require refined skills specific to the sport... ...can't be compared to a sport like football.

you're way off here....your fb analogy might work for div2 or 3 fball, but not div1 & certainly not the sec...give me a break

Ok....exaggeration for sure. But do you really mean to tell me that a 6'5" 300 pound high school offensive lineman who is strong as a horse, has quick feet, and has a bit of a nasty streak.....isn't going to be appealing to a college football coach? You think if someone told the ol Ball Coach about this kid in Chester that I described above...he wouldn't be interested in checking him out?

Ok, now....go tell Mark Berson about a 6'5" 300 pound kid with quick feet, strong as a horse and a nasty streak....and what do you think he is thinking? OK, 5'10 165.....does it matter? No. What makes a good soccer player isn't driven by physciality, wheras certain positions in football most certainly are.

You hear about the kid who is 6'8 and can jump out of the gym? Name that sport.