First preface it with you have to be athletic to begin with. Next apply the idea that at each level there is a physical ability (gift) that will allow you to excell even though you have not mastered the skills. That is why a HS coach will take a 6'7" kid and get him to play Basket Ball in HS he is a star even though he just started playing. How about the college coach who gets the 7'2" kid from africa (Manute Bull ring a bell) who know little of basket ball but with his gift he can be taught to become a solid college player (in his case even get some pro time). Remeber when Renaldo ("Skeets") Nehemiah one of the fastest track men of his time (who never played Fb in college) got signed by the 49's? He was signed on his speed alone (gift). He was a PRO football player just because he was fast period (ok could catch, some oh and he got a superbowl ring!) he had ZERO FB skills before that! Tell me what world class athlete (non soccer player)you think could walk on to one of the top 5 soccer teams in the world????

I am saying at the base level I could take a 6'9" (or a 6'5" 295lbs) HS kid from overseas who has never played FB or BB and make a better BasketBall or Football player in 1 preseason than I could taking a cross county star who has never played soccer. Will I make them a QB or shooting guard, not likely but they will be able to contribute as a Center/PWR FWD or maybe a D or O lineman or maybe a TE.

Last edited by The Chief; 06/02/11 09:21 PM.