chief, enough with the few exceptions, your few examples are ridiculous. will that same coach hustle the 5'8 kid to hoops?
soccer skills are a project that takes yrs to build to move on to elite, college/ pros.
i submit that baseball/hoops & the skilled positions of fball, qb, wr, rb need at least as much work & bodystyle & i also submit that basic baseball & hoop skills are the hardest & most frustrating that most will never grasp even at the yutes level.
soccer is the default that most kids can gain confidence & build on from a young age. i've had a few kids with no hand/eye in baseball/hoops that are now doing very well at the elite soccer level...hows that for exceptions?
granted, those baseball/hoops players would never make elite soccer but could probably blend in at the classic level after a few months of training depending on their bodystyle of course.
what soccer star on college level could or has played baseball, hoops or fball, besides field goals?...right back at you.
many different skill sets demanded from all the many different sports, but the hand/eye skill required to succeed at a yth elite baseball/hoops & above remains the hardest imho.

Last edited by sandman; 06/02/11 10:13 PM.