Quote:

I think what they are saying is one coach for each premier team. Each age group has two to three teams from premier to classic. . A coach can't survive financially off one team but he can coach a classic , a challenge and a premier if the logistics works. Since CESA is the largest club in the state they are going to continually send several teams to regionals and will continue to face this problem.

I'm not sure that's what they were saying. What was said was, one coach/one team. I would ask you if you believe all coaches are equipped to coach all levels (I don't believe they are, nor do I believe all coaches want to coach the top team and do all that is expected and required of that coach). The clubs are going to choose coaches based on which ones they believe can bring success at all levels, with success at the top level being first priority. If they don't, having a conflict at Regionals is a moot point because the teams probably won't make it that far. Was this the first year RS had both of these teams? If not, has he done a good job coaching both up to this point? Did he have consistent conflicts throughout the year? If it wasn't a problem throughout the year, it's likely that up until that game most of the parents and players of both teams were happy he was the coach.

BTW, if I were a parent or player, I'd be at least as angry with the girls that decided not to come (and their parents). I don't know their circumstances, but the dates for Regionals are know at the time team commitments are made. If you are going to commit to any team you should be doing everything you can to be at the Regionals. The team did very well competing with 12 players, but how long can that be done when playing at this level?

There will be conflicts if a coach has more than one team, regardless of the level they are coaching. Maybe there will be no conflict at the Regionals, but there will be conflicts throughout the year. So, coaching at different levels doesn't make the conflicts disappear, although I would imagine many might be fine with the conflicts as long as they affect a lower team. The parents of the players on those teams might not feel the same. Personally, I would give credit to any coach who can coach a team and make it as far as both of these teams did. RS and the players did a great job and represented SC well. I understand there are upset parents. But, to take a thread where we should be celebrating the accomplishment of this team is a bit ridiculous. How about starting a new thread to discuss what should happen when a coach finds a conflict between teams and whether one coach/one team is even a possibility in the real world of club soccer.