Quote:

Isn't this a pretty common thing for u18's and graduated seniors? The u18 Academy team for my sons Academy club has had practices in the last couple of weeks where 4-5 kids showed up. I have friends whose daughters played on Charlotte teams that were yearly State Cup winners and regional participants...and at u18 they went to regions with 10 kids or 11 kids.

I don't think there is anything unique about the 92 CESA girls situation. It happens. Instead of people/parents showing up desperate to win....how about you take it as one last chance to enjoy each others company before moving on to college?

Life is never a walk in the park, or at least not for long. Usually there are conflicts and being able to manage those conflicts is what life is about. And part of managing conflict is understanding that you don't always get your own way.

Lets be honest here. The 92 girls have always been a good solid regional team....but the 94 boys have always been an outstanding regional team with chances to compete at a national level. The 92 girls are done. The 94 boys still have a couple of years. The 94 boys have a punchers shot at making a run at nationals. The 92 girls, with or without RS, have never ever given any indication that they could compete at that level.

When forced into a no win choice, I don't see how anyone could reasonably argue that the coach and the club made the only choice that made sense. Doesn't have anything to do with soaking more money out of folks.

I think what the 92 girls accomplished was remarkable and they should remember this for a long time, given their short roster. Don't ruin things.......by fixating on choices forced on people. RS loses either way, right? I doubt he was happy having to choose and I doubt he was happy with how things worked out for the girls. Just let it go and relax folks.

You read my mind. Scary.