I was at the Norman North vs. Northwestern match at Granby, then was catching up on composing the box scores when I got back to The Cage. So I only saw 'most' of the second half -- and then only when my head wasn't down looking at the scoresheets and typing. But...

Christ Church jumped in front on 17' minutes. Irmo then equalized on 19'. It was 1-1 until 4 minutes into the second half, when Irmo took the lead. There was a lot of good goalkeeping and great defending the rest of the match, great end-to-end action. Christ Church had their share of chances -- as did the Yellow Jackets. Both teams had shots off the post or crossbar, and a flurry of action inside the Irmo area nearly produced a goal to tie in the last 10 minutes. Irmo's third goal just prior to the match's conclusion ensured the result for the nation's number 1 ranked team.

It was a heck of a match. Irmo remains the team to beat, and are a quality squad with a lot of senior leadership. While they may have had the better of the overall run-of-play, though, Christ Church is the real deal too. David Wilcox and his Cavaliers can play with anyone.