Quote:

Quote:

Didn't BC and Norman North have the longest rest from yesterday? Hmmm. That's odd. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Lets keep some integrity in the games. I lost some respect for this tournament today. Irmo and CN should be pissed. What a joke.

Man! Wando just got through playing. Now they have to play at 5:00. Wando should be pissed. What a joke.

Had Bishop England been in the running, the Bishops would play at 1 then at 5 for the final. Fort Mill is also in the 1:00 match, and IF they win they WILL be playing in the final at 5. For comparison purposes, in the Carolina Soccer Classic teams were playing at 10:30. Had the teams playing at 10:30 been in contention for the championship, they would have turned around and played at 1:00.

Additionally, Irmo was in school this week and unable to play matches during the day. Irmo and Cardinal Newman requested to play each other if at all possible. Thus far, this was the showcase match of the tournament. If you were there, you experienced the atmosphere. Please remember that the schedules are made far ahead of the contest, and per the tournament officials (which I am not - I'm here to assist in the sports information side of the event for the SC High School Coaches Association) the scheduling needs of all 10 schools involved are accomodated as best they can.

In reality, the teams who suffered the most in this year's Palmetto cup were Christ Church and Norman North (OK). Due to no fault of their own, neither can compete in the championship but both were in the running. The attendance and box office gate typically suffers when B-C play their matches at 2:00, but they are on Spring Break this week. Last night's match was one of the best ever in 20 years of this event. Thank you for your comments, though. They continue to promote the beautiful game in this great state.