like most americans, i'm not a fan of international soccer for obvious reasons.
listen to the tommy smyth interview on espn, some knowitall limey who discounts american soccer knowledge.
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/worldcup2011/

he said we got a huge break in that game when the ref did a do over on our first pk...its funny that the brazilian goalie jumped off the line every kick after that w/o a warning...if we had missed , we're out of luck, it was so blatent, yet the biased ref just let it go. i would have warned the goalie, look, you come off the line again & your redcarded ass will be enjoying the bench & a fullback will be playing goal.
another thing he said was the ref got it right on christianes pk, it was encroachment by one of the americans, really? then why did hope get the yellow?..& oh btw, isn't the rule in soccer that if the infraction didn't interfere or advance the play, no penalty will be called.
see that all the time with handballs & offsides...
& then the limey knowitall condesending bastid said, well, theres really nothing we can do about players flopping & jumping off the stretcher to get back into the game,... wow, really dumbass? how about a 15 minute medical observation to make sure said player is ok before returning.
imho, old school international soccer needs a kick in the ass from good old american ingenuity & ideas who don't settle for the stale status quo. give me a break.

international soccer reminds me of the curent state of boxing, a joke owned by unscrupulous neanderthals happy with the status quo & money.
btw, the espn office injury commercial got it right, dead on.
the deck is stacked against our girls, just watch.