Results are all that matter at this point, it doesn't matter how you get it done. You also can't play a certain way unless you have the players to do it. While everyone would like to play like Barcelona, no one but Barcelona can execute it.

We have been starting two CDM. I don't follow women's soccer so who knows, maybe we have a really creative player who isn't getting PT. But Lloyd turns it over every time she tries to dribble or shoots 10 feet over the goal. Boxx has made some nice passes, but they mainly come when she gets wide. But when you have two defensive minded CMs, you aren't going to play an attractive style especially when there is no balance. You would think playing 2 CDM you'd have an attacking mid in the center or a withdrawn striker, but we don't.

Cheney has been drifting into the center to help, but that leaves the LB exposed a lot. When Cheney moved to CM yesterday, the game changed. Had someone in the center of the field who could actually hold possession (Lloyd made a ton of mistakes and gave the ball to France in threatening areas).

Overall, they have played pretty well. France had much more talent so it isn't surprising they played a more attractive style. They had several players with creativity, good technical ability, etc. I haven't seen any on the USA all tournament. But we have played to our strengths. The goals we have allowed have been 2 PKs, a deflected free kick, a cross, and an amazing goal by Marta (which shouldn't have counted due to the crosser being offsides). If those are the type of goals that are needed (2 PK, 2 unintentional, 1 amazing shot) to beat you, you are doing something right.

I have to disagree with Spain playing better than anyone ever. Barcelona yes, Spain in the WC no. They were the lowest scoring World Cup winners ever. They didn't dominate like many expected, and probably would have been beat if Muller wasn't suspended. I also thought Germany played better throughout the tournament. Ozil, Muller, and Schweinsteiger were arguably the three best players in the tournament.