Quote:

The designated home team. Or BOTH playing clubs. Or the home club of the neutral venue. Or, preferably, ALL OF THE ABOVE. It's complicated, I know. But the main problem here is the utter lack of accountability on the part of:

*Parents, who misbehave.
*Poorly trained or over-matched officials, who often over-react or fail to deal with situations at all.
*Clubs, which are more interested in the balance sheet than in the positive qualities they're SUPPOSED to foster.
*SCYSA, which is arguably as inept a "youth sports" organization as there is in the state. (Including SCHSL and SCISAA).

There are situations in which parents should OCCASIONALLY sound off. If I see an official (ESPECIALLY AN ADULT OFFICIAL) whose ineptitude fosters a dangerous atmosphere in which kids may be injured, I WILL have a say, I WILL take names, and I WILL pursue it. I'd do exactly the same thing if my child WASN'T playing, and I hope you'd do the same for my child.

If that offends folks, let THEM pay the medical bills for my kid's torn ACL, or pass the hat for an even more catastrophic injury.

I hear you. But you don't go and get in the face of any official at the end of a game demanding a name. You have no right to demand his/her name. What you do is: through your club, contact the assignor and/or the League and file a complaint.

WhoDaresWins