Nice read with good points! I loved this statement:

Where are ”tomorrow’s US soccer coaches” being developed today?

“Well, clubs and organizations could start by stopping the ‘fast track’ system where ex-players get priority on courses and even allowed to ‘waiver’ certain levels of licences because they played the game at a certain level. Also, jobs are so frequently handed out simply because somebody has played as a professional or college etc. Playing is totally different to coaching/teaching and I am amazed at how this is allowed to happen at all levels. I don’t take a coach’s playing credentials into consideration when selecting a coach for HPFC. They have to ba able to teach the game. I wouldn’t hire Diego Maradona for example for obvious reasons, yet he was the best player in the world at one point. I think it’s certainly necessary for a coach to have played at some level but certainly not a professional level. Teachers and professors in the education system are not fast tracked through university to get into school positions or college positions quickly as that would lower the standard of teaching and ultimately the standard of education our kids would experience – I don’t understand why we do it in soccer.

HPFC’s Alex Weaver takes on America’s youth soccer system