Wayne--you could not be any closer to the truth in your post. Todd and Will also make extemely good points.
I don't think any of you have to worry, because if this is the path that D.A. continues to pursue, self destruction is in their future.

The D.A. is run nothing like this in Europe( which is ironic as I think they are trying to copy the model to a certain extent).

Playing for your Primary and Secondary school teams was encouraged by the Y.S.(Youth Systems) as they were called and indeed some of their coaches would attend our school matches. That being said, technical level of play was probably better, because virtually everybody played, making the talent pool almost unlimited.
The Y.S. chose to be a part of the school culture and did not want these boys having to deal with any prima dona issues at school that commonly arise in situations like this.

The talent is there at the National level and we have done well in international competition, based on the pecking order soccer now finds itself here.

If you want to know the truth, the rest of the world is probably thinking--" Are you kidding me! How do the Americans field such a technical, talented squad when their Youth Systems compete daily with Football, Basketball, Baseball, Racing and various other sports that depending on the region of the US you live in, all take numbers away.

I am telling you,I lived in Europe for quite a while. Rugby and Cricket take a very few away from your potential, and that is it. Games by the hundreds are played daily from street corners to school yards and if you have been there even for a few days, you know what I am talking about.

Perhaps Klinsman is the answer---One man( the right man) can make a huge difference--Just ask Celtic, Villa and now Sunderland, although I don't think we will see Martin roaming the US sidelines any time soon--pity really.

By the way, I noticed on the resume of one of the senior coaches at D.A. he has listed as having playing experience at "Sheffield United" FC.
Funny, I went to Wikipedia, where they have listed all players past and present and could not find his name. Now if he played in their Y.S., Academy or Reserves( which in my opinion is still a strong accomplishment) it should be listed as such--when you say F.C. and list nothing after it, the implication is clear--you played for the parent club, and unless Wikipedias list is wrong, that aint the case.
But as I mentioned to a friend yesterday---If we were talking about a Baseball D.A. and this was England, what would sound better--that I got called up for one game with the Charleston Riverdogs--or that I played for the New York Yankees?

Sorry Todd, but I have to do it. I am Anthony Pelton and I approve this message.