I have read this thread with curiosity for several days. I can see both sides of the argument having validity. However, to me it's all about choices. If you look at the different types of restaurants in the Columbia area most people could name probably 20 - 25. If you look at the number of electric companies in the Columbia area most people can name one - SCE&G. The point I am making is luckily, in most things we deal with in our lives choice is a fact of life. What if soccer was like SCE&G and we had only one level --- would that be a good thing? We now have so many levels of soccer that something should be available to most anyone. From recreation, classic, challenge, premier, DA - and of course school soccer. These are all "choices" - an important part of our Democratic way of life. Yes, the DA may have an effect on high school soccer - but with choices often come change. Sometimes for the better - sometimes for the worse. To me - we are just fortunate to live in a country where these players (who wish to train and play at this high level) have that choice!