The whole tit for tat arguments about "my dad is stronger than your dad" are pointless and demeaning and add nothing to the debate on 10 month Academy.

All the kids referenced....are superb players who would do well in any environment.

19 times out of 20 where Academy exists.....the better kids are playing there. There are exceptions. There are also areas like Greenville that aren't represented by Academy. Therefore a kid like Cole isn't in the Academy program.

Those exceptions or circumstances.....are real. If anyone thinks that Academy is exclusively the be all and end all...they are wrong. There are still kids out there who for a variety of reasons.....don't play Academy.

But they are exceptions.

Happy Daddy......my guess would be that the CESA team played the USYSA Dallas Texans. I have friends whose kids play at CESA (in other age groups) and they are still seeing the non-Academy teams of Academy clubs....at events lke Regionals or National League.

There are friendlies between Academy teams and non Academy teams. People need to be careful in reading too much into those. From experience.....my son's Academy team played Cobb 2 years ago and drew 2-2. It was 2-nil at the half, Academy, and the coaches pulled the first team off at half and played the second team in the second half. Cobb tied the game. My sons' R3 team played SCU Academy in a scrimmage last year (2010) in a scrimmage.....he wasn't there (my daughter got married that day) and lost 5 or 6 to
nothing. Outcome could well depend on how coaches view the scrimmage. The NM Academy coaches could have cared less about the outcome. We had a lull in our schedule and they wanted the kids to play.