This has been very interesting, but let me point out a few things that have been overlooked by all this enthusiastic conversation. Many if not most kids get involved and the first thing that keeps them coming back is friendship. The peer pressure that will be on these players is something that is not being addressed. I'm not only talking about the direct pressure but the pressure applied by coaches HS and club. I have seen it as a parent, working on a HS staff, and also with a club. The costs of being with an elite club is multiplied with the travel (cost has been spoken about) required. I have also seen coaches blackball players because they have opted to take a break for whatever reason. One actually said that she will pay for her disicion not to play. These young men and women have and will make sacrifices to play, but until we can remove the meddling and politics of the parent and coaches they don't stand a chance. Maybe we should approach this like ancient Sparta, take the kids away at birth and train them to be warriors for the state, then everyone can be happy. Please remember that they are still kids and learning the lessons of the world. lets guide them educate them but they are the ones that will live the path they choose. Youth sports are still for the kids, thats whey we became involved was for the kids right or are we trying to live thru them as parents. I would ask my kids what makes a good player and what makes a great player? A good play can do many things but a great player not only can do that, but makes all the players around them better. ITS FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!