Fan 8--Calculators still burning up trying to answer your post. Meanwhile, I have been watching this thread develope and I know most people will say that I am being unneedlessly critical,but I just don't get it.
The birth of DA seems to almost perfectly coincide with the highwater mark for our MNT. The Confederations Cup saw us dismantle World #1 and now defending World Cup champs, Spain and lose a heartbreaker to 5 time champ Brasil, and this is the model we choose to move forward?
The entire model is full of contradiction as Klinsman screams for inner city involvement, yet is edorsing something that virtually guarantees that can't happen.
Our own local DA tells us it fought hard against the 10 month plan, yet the National DA states the vote was overwelmingly unanimous. I myself posted on this board last May that an email was already in the works for DA players regarding HS.
By the admission of several DA supporters in this thread ,they anticipate a decrease in DA players and clubs when decisions have to be made in September--so the few will be fewer and the pool will get smaller.
A strong smell of $ and profit is in the air and it has the oder of exclusion.
Look at the early lives of Georgie Best and Pele. As you see, they did not come from privledged backgrounds and thankfully,someone saw potential and phone calls were made.
The posters here that have addressed inner city kids(just like Klinsman) are right on target, which this model is not.
No, I don't have all of the answers, but it seems to me that the old club systems that produced the vast majority of that C.C. team wasn't a total flop.
I hope I am wrong, but I think this train wreck is now on fire.