Thanks for sharing it been a long time since i have posted but i would like to add a little bit to the mix since i was once one of the Coaches guilty of complaining to the Referees until I attended a residential coaching course and during one of our lectures the speaker asked how many of us have ever had bad referees we all raised our hands he then asked how many of us have yelled at a referee we all raised our hands once again and he asked what would be one of the most important questions i have ever heard he asked while we are busy yelling and telling the referee how to do his or her job who is doing ours who is coaching our team so whenever i find myself in a situation where i might want to question a referees decision i just channel that into coaching my team.

I also referee and I feel that too many times referees are subject to the misguided interpritation of Coaches and Fans an example of this is while officiating a Development Academy game a Coach wanted my AR to flag an offside when the striker received the ball directly from a goal kick and he proceeded to yell that he wants my AR to make sure he is in line to be able to make the call and as such the fans were all yelling for an offside call was this as as result of bad refereeing ABSOLUTELY NOT yet the Coaches and fans now believe that to be the case. In the same game there was an offside call in the penalty area (18 yard box) and the goalkeeper passed it to the Centerback who was also in the penalty area I then proceeded to blow the whistle and explained that the ball had to leave the penaly area at which point the same Coach and his players proceed to tell me its not a goal kick i then smiled and quickly explained to all involved what needed to happen the coach then told me i am holding up the game once again it would seem that the referee crew is no good in the eyes of this coach and some players and fans but is that really the case so before you go passing judgement on a referee especially the younger upcoming ones just ask yourself are you absolutely sure you know what you are talking about.

Just my thoughts, Just my thoughts

we run things, things nuh run we.....