Quote:

Hatch, How many hours do you think a soccer coach spends at the school on Saturday and Sunday game planning for the next week? How many hours watching film, breaking down the previous game and then breaking down the 3 to 5 films of the team you are getting ready to play? How many script cards does he have to make, call sheets, and adjustments. I coach both and I promise you I don't have to spend as much tiume to get ready for the next game. Heck the only film I watch is my team. Soccer coaches dont trade game film. Most of the soccer coaches in the state coach club and HS at the same time, cant do that if you are working 70 hours a week. 4a football is a big time commitment, you work all the time. I only see my family on Sunday Morning and Saturday afternoon. I dont come home on Thursday or Friday until late and then up and gone with the sun on Saturday. Now before you try to bash my commitment to soccer , I promise I work just as hard , but soccer simply does not require as much time due to the nature of the game.

I'm not Hatch, but Darlington County didn't submit their data and I am retired.

Sorry, Coach, but I know your soccer program has been down for a couple of years and your football program has always struggled since the school was formed. Do you really think a losing football team's coaches should make more money based on "coaching years"? Come on, a loser is a loser and a winner is a winner.

West Ashley, whether it was Middleton or St. Andrews, has been the definition of a loser in the Charleston area for years unless it was girls soccer. I guess y'all always "Thank Goodness" for Colleton County?