Quote:

Hatch, How many hours do you think a soccer coach spends at the school on Saturday and Sunday game planning for the next week? How many hours watching film, breaking down the previous game and then breaking down the 3 to 5 films of the team you are getting ready to play? How many script cards does he have to make, call sheets, and adjustments. I coach both and I promise you I don't have to spend as much tiume to get ready for the next game. Heck the only film I watch is my team. Soccer coaches dont trade game film. Most of the soccer coaches in the state coach club and HS at the same time, cant do that if you are working 70 hours a week. 4a football is a big time commitment, you work all the time. I only see my family on Sunday Morning and Saturday afternoon. I dont come home on Thursday or Friday until late and then up and gone with the sun on Saturday. Now before you try to bash my commitment to soccer , I promise I work just as hard , but soccer simply does not require as much time due to the nature of the game.

Lets see, where to begin. First, soccer coaches do trade film on other teams, and the good coaches in the state sit down, watch them and come up with a game plan from the film and the assistants that went to a game or two on their own.

Second, a head coach is a head coach. Here in Illinois, at least in school districts where I live, the head football coach does not make any more than a head coach of a team with a similiar length season. Why? Because they don't deserve any more than another head coach.

Third, do you really think that football is going to be around as it is today with all of the concussion issues they are having? I think not...the IHSA is passing some very stringent requirements that is going to have some large impacts on football as a whole. You also have a ton of parents that are not too inclined to let their children play a sport that has repeated head injuries that could cause massive problems later in life.

I get so sick and tired of football coaches thinking they are the end all be all of sports. We should use education systems to do what they were meant to do years ago and do away with sports associated with school. This is where the community should set up community sports programs if they are that important. Don't waste my tax dollars on programs that don't do squat for the betterment of society.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....