Coach: A couple of points here. 1) I absolutely WOULD feel the same way about other dual coach/AD slots, if the point of the sham was to inflate the coach's salary by giving him a job/title he/she doesn't REALLY do. 2) As far as I know, the "Wando AD" is still an assistant FB coach. He stepped back from the head FB coaching job for a number of reasons, some (but not all) of which he explained to me. 3) If a coach is a legitimate teacher, he/she may be relieved of coaching duties but retain a teaching slot. It happens all the time. 4) I'm of the opinion that ALL teachers should have at least 1 "planning" block, whether they are working an extracurricular gig or not. That MANY teachers are wildly overworked implies the need for better, more equitable allocation of resources, don't you think? Hence, the original discussion. 5) The concept of "revenue" sports and their coaches somehow justifying higher salaries may work at the college level, where TV revenue, sponsorship, and alumni giving cover a lot of the costs, but not in the public school environment. And by the way, it doesn't work particularly well at the vast majority of colleges/universities, where athletics is a money-loser, but the tail STILL wags the dog.