Quote:

James you live out of state so your experience does not translate well to SC. Question in IL do Football coaches get fired and lose there job if they have a few losing seasons? How many people come to watch a HS football game in IL? How many Football coaches does you school have on staff? Football will not end but I think you will see club football in the near future. But we were talking about salary's. I was just shedding some light on how we are paid as teachers and coaches. When the amount of money and the difference in pay was brought up I simply again shared my experience.

I'll answer these one at a time:

1) Question in IL do Football coaches get fired and lose there job if they have a few losing seasons?

A: Yes, they will get fired if they do not produce a winning season/ or make the playoffs. This is dependant on schools though...some are strong, some are not in football. Just like in SC.

2) How many people come to watch a HS football game in IL?

A: Again, depends on the school....a 1A school might only have 200-300 people there watching, where a 7A school might have thousands. In the area where I live, Boylan might have 1500 to 2000 people watching a game (6A School), Winnebago might have 750 to 1000 (3A school). Again, depends on the school, just like in SC.

3) How many Football coaches does you school have on staff?

A: Here are some specific examples
1) Boylan = 5 paid coaches (6A school)
2) Naperville North = 8 paid coaches (7A school)
3) Winneka New Trier = 9 paid coaches (8A school)
4) Winnebago = 6 paid coaches (3A school)

Football is a huge thing up here in IL too....don't think SC is any different than any other state. I will do some research and see how much the head coaches make...and get back to you.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....