Quote:

The reason that the US isn't as good in soccer as the rest of the world, is because we have so many sports to choose from. Since there are so many choices, the best athletes are going to play for a different sport. If all of our best athletes were going to play soccer, we would dominate. But that just isn't the case here. Soccer takes a backseat to so many sports that I just don't see us getting much better in soccer in my lifetime.

completely false, Spain is 2nd in the world in basketball and always produce great tennis players.

Its the second and third division in America that need to be stronger, till then we will get embarrassed every 4 years.

The college game just isnt enough, like I said, our best talent are going to waste 4 years of their soccer careers on a 3 months seasons, while players like Fabregas and Messi are already dominating the pros at 18.

My good friend Luis Silva had offers to go to the Mexican first division since he was a junior in High School, yes, decided to go waste 4 years of his life at Santa Barbara, now he is doing ok at Toronto, he would have been much more dominant if he went pro right after high school.

Club of the century.