Quote:

Quote:

I always have 'a moment' when Alma posts!

We always have exceptions just like thinking all latino players are dribbling machines.

For the most part, the English mentality is "we dont do tiki taka" and that involves the American soccer mentality too. It is changing now because they are seeing the dominance of teams like Barcelona and its "tiki taka."

Alma,

First of all my post was in response to your post that (and i am paraphrasing here) Seba and Enzo were the only good players produced from SC, and the Irony in your comment that English coaches in America are long ball merchants. The irony being that Seba was coached by Andrew, Pearse and myself, and Enzo by myself, Phil Hindson and John Stewart. All from the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.

Secondly, the talent in SC has always been underestimated, I have for years coached against the top players and teams from all over the south east and have found no reason to categorize our players here in SC as nothing other than on a par with the elite teams and players from other states/areas. I think we give our kids here a bad rap, they are superb players and can, have and are showing great success at the next level.

Thirdly, i cannot comment on coaching in England as I have been here my whole coaching carrer, but I know numerous college and club coaches from the UK and Ireland and have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that these coaches here are 'long ball' coaches. I find that quite insulting that you are taking a 'lazy' sterotype and using it as fact.