Quote:

No disrespect taken at all, glad to engage in banter.Just had some issue with you stereotyping of all English coaches as 'long ball merchants'.

Football at the level your talking about (pro european leagues) is all about results, sure youd like to play attractive football but i really doubt wether Bayern and Dortmund fans care how they play (and they play some bloody good stuff by the way, not the way you described it at all!!), just like i bet Milan, Inter, Juve, PSG wish they were in the semi finals.

Barca (and what a team they are) are the only team that can play like Barca, and even they have shown weak areas that can be exploited, if they win it, they deserve it, if they dont, they didnt.

The latin discussion is probably a different thread, i have so much respect for the latin community and the soccer philosophy of latin countries, at the NSCAA convention, the mexican youth national team director did a fantastic presentation and showed certinaly that the success they have in international football at all ages is no fluke, and look at honduras u-17 as the most recent highlight of superb latin players/teams. I just know and recognize there is more than one way to 'skin a cat' as the the old saying goes, none better than the other, just whichever one works best for teams

Johan Cruyff whos prob the best European player ever went to Spain and became prob the cockiest soccer player ever, he talked more trash than Maradona did. Could you imagine if he went o play to Brazil?

He went back to Holland and made sure indoor soccer facilities were constructed in different pupblic-parks all over his country. The result... Ban Vasten, Gullit, Robben, Seedorf, Berkam...

The U20 Did at great job againts Mexico at Mexico in front of 100,000 fans, yeah most of the U20 players were Mexican-Americans. Im not saying "latinos" are better, but latinos in the usa breath soccer, something you hardly see in other communties like the asian community for example.

Honduras u20 beat Spain and had Brazil on a knock out stage in the Olympics, if you actually saw the game, Honduras were winning, they got a pk againts them, then a red card.

Mexico is the Olympic Champ, u17 world champ.

The Germans of Klissmann were amazing, I watched that world cup, Germany was my favorite team back then, I dont remember then depending on set pieces.

I played for a coach who used to coach in EPL, he hated me. Our training consisted on working on set pieces, "second phase" balls (rebounds) and "direct" passes, prob the worse thing that can happen to a Latino player but I must say, I did learn a lot from him, he was very professional, just not an enthusiastic of "tiki taka" as I am.

At the end of the day, the best teams in the history of the game.

1. Madrid of Di Stefano
2. Holland and "Football total"
3. Brazil of Pele
4. Brazil of Romario, Brazil of Fat Ronaldo
5. Milan of Baressi
6. Juventus and Madrid of Zidane
7. Barca of Xavi and Ronaldiho

Most of them played some sort of "possesion" game.

I will say the Germany of klissman prob played a little more "direct"

The ManU of Beckam depended of crosses, who knows how they won the champions league...

Im not sure about the Germany of Beckenbauer.

The AC Milan of Baressi didnt play the "tiki taka" of Barcelona, but nowhere near "direct" style, they were very dominant too.

To finish up, elite talent in SC need better options than going to play 3 months in college or 4 months in usl.

Again, I apoligize if I offended anybody, it was no my intention. Just giving my insight as an outsider.

Club of the century.