Quote:

Quote:

Hard Headed,

So, if I told you that I saw a U-17 game with 30 coaches at it; would you tell me that of the 30 players involved in the game (22 kids on the field and 4 on each bench), most were already committed to one of the 30 schools watching?

And if I told you that at the same event I saw a U-15 game with 6 coaches at it, would you tell me that all the other coaches were off getting a hot dog?

well i guess ecnl is not the top place to be by what you are saying. was just at disney and i know in one game we played there was the 13 players from our team that has committed and most of the opposing team had. were alot more coaches watching the younger ages than what you say were watching the younger ecnl teams. maybe were not getting a hot dog but must of been at the porta potty

I don't know how many coaches are at each of these games in each age group. Mine was a hypothetical scenario used to disagree with your train of thought. You seemed to suggest that most u-17s should be committed by now and that most college coaches watching a u-17 game are probably watching their own players who have previously committed to them. I'm suggesting that that doesn't make much sense to me, certainly not when I've seen sidelines full of coaches at u-17 games. The numbers don't add up.

What also doesn't make sense to me, is this team that you're talking about. Let me see if I can follow your logic: the top teams from historically the best two clubs in NC play in the ECNL, the next two teams based on the previous year's state cup played R3PLE, the next 8-10 teams in NC play in the NC league (where you were), your team is full of very good players (13 have committed, yet only 5 from CSA have and apparently 8 from CASL have); and you didn't even make the semifinals of NC? Something doesn't add up.

Continuing to follow your logic when you say that NC has better teams than SC. That's probably true. I see in the u-17 ECNL that the two NC teams are 1st and 2nd and they are ahead of the SC team. But of the NC teams that are left, (take CASL and CSA out of the mix) and how do they compare? Last year I believe the SC team you're questioning competed in regionals, as did the NC state champion and the SC team won and went onto nationals. I believe they also competed in R3PLE as did 3-4 NC teams. SC finished ahead of all of them I believe. Shouldn't we see this year's NC state champion win regionals? or at least come very close? If they don't, and they finished very far ahead of your team, what does that mean? By the way, do the teams that finished ahead of you in NC have 14 committed players?