my original question was to get harry,truth or reebok, what ever he is going by these days to tell us how parents spending a ton of money for average training was helping in the recruitment process. i know players commite at different times but my point was that if ecnl is all it is talked up to be then many more players should be commited.not talking about any other league just ecnl players. there are alot of good players at cesa and i do not think they are doing enough for these kids as far as getting them recruited and to schools they may rather go to other than where they end up. years ago when we played R3PLE for several years with cesa there was no ecnl. cesa worked their butts off to train and win state so they could get their teams and players in front of college coaches at places like disney,casl and others. that was a big selling point to get players to drive from all over the state to play for cesa.
now cesa knows that no matter what, by being in ecnl their teams and players will play at events loaded with college coaches.that with very little effort on cesas part and a high price tag to the parents.
you can do the same thing playing at disney and casl. so now that cesa has no girl state champs will those players from the midlands and low country stop the long drive to greenville and stay home to play on teams that can get them in front of college coaches at the big tournys and at a lot cheaper price tag.
just looks like to me or i know it does from about 6 years with cesa that cesas direction they chose to go in was for cesas benifit and not the players.
i would say sc united mp came out the best. they kept working at it and are now where cesa once was.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 01/20/13 08:33 PM.