Quote:

Quote:

I'm thinking HH's point is that club teams considering themselves elite national level teams should be developing players capable of being included in those "first round" Fall offers.

If you go back to the first post that started this thread, I don't think his point has anything to do with clubs being elite or national level; but rather, if you're a U-17 player you should have a committment locked up by now because "This late in the process most should be done." I think that many clubs produce players capable of securing offers early in the process. I just didn't agree with the statement about how "most" should be committed and tried to offer a counterpoint through example, fact, and even sarcasm. I don't think it has gotten through. Some people are just hard headed.

Somehow we got off on talking about rankings and clubs and records and leagues. I think the biggest problem with trying to have a simple conversation is the way that it was brought up. If HH really wanted to know the answer to his question about how many CESA U-17s have committed, there are many people he could have called at the club and I'm sure that the phone numbers are easily accessible. In reading this thread, it is clear to me that he is bitter with the club, the coach, the league and probably many other things. So, he went on a public forum in an attempt to imply "my team is better than your team" or something like that. (which, by the way, he has every right to do) I just think that his point might have been better received if he had said something like, "congratulations to the 13 players on my team who have committed".

In fact, there was another thread where someone did just that. They congratulated a team for a recent accomplishment. I had questions about some of the details and asked them in another thread so as not to take away from the team in question. However, this thread was initiated in a much different manner and is actually in keeping with the stories I have heard about the man known as Hard Headed.

reebok you got it all wrong. if you do go back and look at the first post that started this thread, i stated ecnl in the post so as usual you are wrong.
there is no we in getting off track on the rankings. you brought up rankings and used it to try and show the level our team plays at and that it didnt make sense to you how we had so many committed players. i never tried to say whos team is better than whos. you again did that by trying to bring the rankings of the teams we have played. trying to say your team is better because we play lower ranked teams.(so you thought)i told you several times that rankings mean nothing. when i brought up rankings of the teams cesa u 17s have played this year which on average is lower than the ones we have played. you then tried to deflect it by changing the subject on where my kids have played and who likes or dislikes me. then you decided that having the rankings thrown back into your face you tried to play nice and say we both can agree that rankings mean nothing. they meant alot to you before.
me bringing in that we have 13 commitments came in later in the tread when we were discussing why college coaches are watching the u 17s play. i said they come to watch their players that are already committed and you said no that wasnt it. i just stated that with the 13 players from our team that was committed and most of the other team had thats why i stated the coaches were watching their committed players. so do not try to make this out that i started this thread to show how many players we have committed.
as far as being bitter with cesa you are right about that. i have never tried to keep that a secret. its not with cesa as a whole but just a couple of people. played 3 years in ecnl so there was no problem there other than the cost.wouldnt of stayed 3 years if i had a problem with it.
you got all the reasons wrong on why i made the post. you stated i could of done it a better way! you think you could of done it a better way than the way you did trying to disprove how many commitments we have. you tried to use rankings and it came back to bite you in the butt.
stop acting like you have heard stuff about me from other people. you know who i am so man or woman up and cut out the act. i have never hide who i was on here. you have said we or were when it comes to the u17s to many times for you not to be involved with that team either as a parent or the coach or someone from cesa.
the thread did get out of hand once you brought in rankings but my question was how has ecnl helped in recruiting and shouldnt they be committed by now. you took it down this path. you would think that ecnl players with all the coaches they play in front of would have players commiting earlier than say a rec player.
so... have you pulled up those rankings yet? im sure you have but you do not want to post them.