Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm thinking HH's point is that club teams considering themselves elite national level teams should be developing players capable of being included in those "first round" Fall offers.

If you go back to the first post that started this thread, I don't think his point has anything to do with clubs being elite or national level; but rather, if you're a U-17 player you should have a committment locked up by now because "This late in the process most should be done." I think that many clubs produce players capable of securing offers early in the process. I just didn't agree with the statement about how "most" should be committed and tried to offer a counterpoint through example, fact, and even sarcasm. I don't think it has gotten through. Some people are just hard headed.

Somehow we got off on talking about rankings and clubs and records and leagues. I think the biggest problem with trying to have a simple conversation is the way that it was brought up. If HH really wanted to know the answer to his question about how many CESA U-17s have committed, there are many people he could have called at the club and I'm sure that the phone numbers are easily accessible. In reading this thread, it is clear to me that he is bitter with the club, the coach, the league and probably many other things. So, he went on a public forum in an attempt to imply "my team is better than your team" or something like that. (which, by the way, he has every right to do) I just think that his point might have been better received if he had said something like, "congratulations to the 13 players on my team who have committed".

In fact, there was another thread where someone did just that. They congratulated a team for a recent accomplishment. I had questions about some of the details and asked them in another thread so as not to take away from the team in question. However, this thread was initiated in a much different manner and is actually in keeping with the stories I have heard about the man known as Hard Headed.

Sorry that I've missed these theatrics! AF is that you? What good can come of this from a delusional Dad and 2 pretty good soccer players? You bullied a lot at the North/South several years ago running some bush-league CESA camp at Furman U., and was a bit player at Virginia Tech. You are as guilty of all this as Hard Headed!

not sure what i am delusional about. i see cesa pretty good for what they are.