I have gotten into some disagreements in the past, but have taken a much more laid back approach lately. It isn't worth getting all heated and arguing, it just doesn't matter. In the end, it is just a game...and if the kids aren't having fun playing the game, it isn't worth keeping them playing or playing yourself if you can't enjoy it! And then to see you guys going at it...I find it fruitless. You are arguing about who has commited, and how important it is to comit to a good school, or get a scholarship. Here is what I found...

With over 1,200+ men’s college soccer programs across the country and over 1,400 women’s programs finding a scholarship is harder then you might think.

Coaches divide their money up and very rarely give full ride scholarships.

For women’s programs there are a maximum of 14 scholarships for a DI team, 9.9 for DII, 12 for NAIA programs and a fully funded NJCAA program has up to 18 scholarships per team.

Men’s soccer can offer 9.9 scholarships per team DI, 9 per team DII, 12 at the NAIA level and 18 scholarships per team for NJCAAA programs.

When you compare the cost of the club teams from where I currently live, you are going to expend $1500 for an entry level club for the year, not including tournaments, travel or other expenses you incur for the year. You figure that you are going to spend at least $3000 for the year, more likely you will approach the $4000 to $5000 mark. If your child starts playing at age 8 on a club team, and you spend on average $4000 a year....lets do the math...you end up paying $40,000 for your child to play soccer. If you took that money and invested it, and earned 5% a year for those 10 years, you would end up with $50311. That is a healthy chunk of money that would be available to use for your childs education rather than banking on a college soccer scholarship....let alone you are going to be taking away from their academic studies and lower their chances of getting an academic scholarship.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....