I really agree with all of this. We don't have many good refs in our area. We have some that are particularly bad. And the same parents scream and yell at them every.single.game.

Why should any referee strive to call a good game when so many parents act like idiots at the games. These refs are not world class refs. They are calling high school games and youth sports games in little old South Carolina.

I hate it when I hear the parents yell at a ref when there is a foul, and the ref has blown his whistle to call the foul, and the parents are still screaming at him.

There are obvious calls that refs miss, they are not perfect, but some parents are such morons to think they have to scream and yell all the dang time. Seriously?

That's why the pool of good refs is missing....idiot parents. (And before anyone asks, I don't ref, I don't have a family member that refs, and I don't have a vested interest, other than seeing the quality of referees increase.)

We parents are the reason good referees are slowly disappearing. Until the parents learn to control themselves, it will only get worse as the years go by.