Ok guys. I have to agree with some of the things you are pointing out. I am a Referee, Instructor, Assessor and a Mentor.
To start things out, we can hardly say we do it for the money. I worked 12 months out of the year doing youth, Development Academy, PDL, college, pro, instructing and mentoring. I made $11,529.88 last year. I put 23,478 miles on my vehicle just for refereeing. I traveled out of town to tournaments that did not pay me for the games i worked. I was away from my family for extended periods of time. when i got home i had reports to fill out and paper work to send in. Enough about the money that you think we make. I Instruct new referees and try to give them the guidance and skills to step on the field and do the best they can do for the game. Understand that some have played, some have not and some have seen it on TV. Refereeing is a learned profession. Just like a great soccer player did not have perfect shots on goal the first time he stepped up to take that winning PK. We have to give them a chance. It is hard to do your job when parents/coaches are yelling constantly that he missed this and he missed that, what game are you watching. I still hear this and i have been doing it for a few years. Young referees do not know how to block it out. Like it was said earlier, are you yelling this at the players on the field??????

I am sure there will be more to talk about. We are working with all referees in the Charleston Area and in South Carolina to better their performance and skills. And i close by saying, Entry Level Referee Courses are given and if any of you would like to attend please sign up. We may be able to teach you something or you may be able to teach us!!!!!