Quote:

I do not endorse parents going over the top on officials, but I do think an official, regardless of age, should be able to handle "X" amount of second-guessing/booing/comments. If you can't FROM THE START, you're probably in the wrong line of work.
That said, show me ANY job that comes free of pressure, responsibility and/or supervisory heat, and I'll show you a long line of applicants.
One final comment: Many officials assume parents/fans know little about the game, its laws and refereeing in general. Not necessarily true. A lot of us know the game and its laws VERY well. Some may have officiated another sport at a higher level than high school, and understand the job quite well. Assuming otherwise, and/or saying as much DURING or IMMEDIATELY AFTER a game, only adds fuel to the fire.

Agreed 100%! I also hate the "parent official" that has a kid playing and is the "know-it-all" in the stands and comments on EVERY call. I've watched my girls for 15+ years in organized soccer and we've had a parent on just about every team tell us every game how much they know. I don't understand why officials never get a written review in HS soccer either. Seems easy enough for the coaches to make a post match report and send to the HSL or their local designee.

@chicagoredstars