Please reread. Nowhere did I say that all "hot" games should get nothing but top officials. I believe I said that I disagree with top officials routinely asking off "hot" games for no reason other than the heat. You should take your share, as they are assigned. No more. No less.

If you go back over the entire thread, I seem to recall saying that EACH game should have a "lead" caliber person, a "young" comparative newcomer and a third. The assigner should know which games figure to be bigger/hotter/tougher/whatever, and assign accordingly.

As to the idea that certain coaches are indirectly punished or disciplined by not getting referees who have asked off their matches ... Wow!

You wonder why many coaches, players and parents don't trust officials. Think about that one for a minute. You're essentially admitting that you hold a grudge and don't mind "punishing" a coach. Where's the possibility that a coach might change for the better WITHOUT your "discipline"? Where do you draw the line?

To me, that borders on a disqualifying bias for ALL matches.
You are essentially asking OFF matches for personal reasons, with the result that you are essentially asking ON to OTHER matches for the same personal reasons. Do you get to pick matches because you like a school/coach/players/parents?

If you can't manage those basic emotions, you shouldn't officiate.