Coach N. As a referee, I can't declare a winner in a case of play ending after one half. That would be up to the HSL. If a referee can't continue, it is out of anyones hands to declare a winner except the high school league. In the case that you talked about with the referee injuring themselves, and was unable to continue in the second half...the game can be stopped there. You cannot go directly to PKs, that isn't allowed, you can only stop the game, and let the HSL sort it out. Where I am now....depending on the conference that I would be in, it would either be a tie, or the game would be replayed at a later date.

I had an injury one time in a state cup quarterfinal game. Had a U-18 guy accidentally step on me when I was back-peddling for a goal kick. It was about 2 minutes before half, and I limped it out until half. I ended up having to talk to the coaches, and had the 4th official come in and do the second half while I was the 4th offical for the second half. That is the only time in the many matches that I have done that I ever had to stop in the middle of a game. To me it was embarassing, but there was nothing I could do.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....