Quote:

I can't believe that you are whining about the refs. How ridiculous for an grown person. Didn't they teach you in soccer 101 that the coaches are the only ones that should have any contact and words about or to the refs? I have seen games where the ball goes over the line in the goal and the ref doesn't call it a goal. Is that fair? That game was right in your back yard with experienced refs. And we lost because of it. They do the best they can. I bet your coach would love to see how much of an issue you are making about the refs. You have to walk away knowing that both teams took whatever the refs would give them and thats how they played the game. End of story.

Our coach did say something to the girls about the refs.

After seeing a 100 plus games over the years you know that everyone complains about the refs, it is part of the game. But during the first half there was call after call against the Fort Mill side and and almost nothing going the other way and that makes you start to wonder.

Is it possible that the Ft Mill girls were committing 2 or 3 fouls for every one by Mann? Maybe. Does that mean the ref was 'home cooking?' probably not. It could be that the FM girls were doing more pushing and shoving because the Mann girls were bigger and using their bodies in ways the FM girls could not. Without going back and watching the game on video it is hard to tell what happened, but it certainly seemed that the FM girls were getting a lot more fouls called against them than the Mann girls were.

That being said I don't want to take anything away from the Mann girls who played a great game. They beat us to the ball on a regular basis and played one hell of a game. They may be the best team in the state, certainly the best team we have played.