With all due respect GI2016, your insecurities are showing. I do not believe that it needs to be said, but if it makes you feel better, I believe that I can speak for the great majority and say that Gilbert High, its students, administration, facilities, fans and community are well respected and appreciated throughout the state. In addition, there are several other fine schools and facilities throughout the state that would be on par with Gilbert High and suitable for hosting the state championship games and a request that the championship be hosted at the University of South Carolina should not be taken as a slight to any of those other high schools.

Similarly, there are many high school facilities throughout the state suitable for hosting the football and basketball championships, but there are a myriad of reasons for holding those championship games at Williams-Brice and the Colonial Center. If you like, I would be happy to discuss them with you, but I believe that (once you get past the mistaken belief that anyone is against Gilbert High) you do not need a lecture from me on the benefits of holding the championship at a centrally-located collegiate facility.