I have heard and read all of the rhetoric about the private schools playing in the SCHSL. Should they play with SCISA which actually provides that caveat for those member "private schools"? Perhaps.

I know Christ Church, St. Joseph's, Southside Christian, Bishop England, etc., would make that Association much stronger and competitive. It would also provide those parochial schools a chance to compete against their "like" brethren: Hilton Head Christian; Porter-Gaud; First Baptist; Cardinal Newman; Heathwood Hall; Florence Christian; etc. However, that is likely never going to happen.

A friend of mine who is Catholic had a son who played baseball in Mount Pleasant. His daughter went to Wando. His son chose to attend Bishop England primarily based on the fact that he could play 2-3 years of varsity baseball for the Bishops instead of JV baseball for the Warriors until his senior year. Worked out well for that family who had to come up with $6,000 annually for BEHS tuition and provide transportation to Daniel Island (20-25 minute drive instead of five minutes).

So, what is fair? My question is why there is no scrutiny of these "Magnet", "Charter", "IB", "Collegiate", "Academy", or "Early/Middle College" schools that allows students from anywhere in those counties to go to other schools they are not originally zoned for based on where they live. When I think of Academic Magnet, James Island Charter, Charleston Charter, J.L. Mann, etc., you can't tell me it's a level playing field when these schools attract students from all over their region.

Five classifications seems fair to me and I don't care if they "adjust" the ruling on the private school SCHSL members or not. JUST WIN BABY!