As a Mann parent, we should win with class and lose with class. It's fun to win, it hurts to lose - especially like that - but we inevitably have to experience both. I've watched the videos several times and I have to agree that it was a goal - regardless of anything else. Whether the AR or center ref truly thought or knew that it was a goal is up for debate, but the evidence is strong that the entire ball was across the goal line.

I do believe that Mann was the better team and controlled the majority of the game. In a series, Mann would probably win. In a one game championship, Mann failed to capitalize on their opportunities, while Lexington took advantage of their chances. Mann has a great team, but sometimes great teams don't always win.

The referees did not cost Mann the game. Were there questionable calls? Certainly, but that is no different than any other game in any other sport. Mann had some good looks at the goal, but the shots didn't fall. And when Mann had defensive breakdowns, Lexington was able to put the ball in the net (or across the line).

Mann loses a great group of seniors, but there is no rebuilding for this team. They will simply reload and hopefully use this experience as ammunition and come back stronger and more powerful next year.