Originally Posted By: 432
Mann was easily getting frustrated by the non calls. They were held the whole game and kept from going after the ball. Especially during the first overtime. You can easily see it and so did the ref. He just didn't want to call it. Also, no one has mentioned Mann's center defenders. These are easily 2 of the best in the State. #19 has a scholarship to Mississippi State and has led Mann to 4 State finals, and the other one I believe a sophomore. Both are great defenders. Over the 4 years #19 played, they have only given up maybe 30 goal, while scoring over 500. That is why they didn't give up goals in the playoffs. The girl that played right back and was in on the last goal was not a defender, just fast, and put there for that reason. She mad a couple mistakes that cost them.

Mann is not used to playing soccer that way. They maintain procession and work the ball in. Most all of their goals this year came from crossing the ball and set plays. I will say this venue was a poor venue. They should have kept it at RiverBluff. Also, the wind played a major factor on the turf field. I think that Mann had the better team, but Lexington had the better game plan. They were prepared for Mann's offense. There still needs to be an inquiry about how this game was handled. SC doesn't have the best reputation. There is only about 5 girls going to Power 5 schools. 2 of them, didn't even bother to play high school because of these types of situations. Both going to USC and now at Mann.

Now my last opinion, if the referee had called the foul in the box in overtime, Mann would have won that game. They would have stacked the box like Lexington did the whole game.

I thought JL Mann was the better team too for the most part. But, I think Lexington was due for a break here or there and they made one with a great shot totally unmarked. And, yes, the ball crossed the line and is quite visible in the WSPA-TV footage.

The goal in regulation that JLM scored was soft! GK was rooted and allowed a shot on entire frame. She looked like a tree falling to her right side on that score. The game winning goal was scored on a poor clear by JLM's #17. I expected a tougher defense for JLM but the central defenders got overlapped several times and they paid for it by an opportunistic Lexington side who seem to be really young.

Facility was brutal! Irmo had nice digs in 1996 and 2006, but not 2016. The black lines on the field are tough to see (look like shadows on the field) and the bathrooms are antiquated. I've never seen a team have to sit on benches outside of the playing area. Parking was atrocious and the canteen on the home side ran out of food, drinks, you name it! Now all of this is a 100% upgrade from the dump JL Mann plays at in Greenville. No way should a Patriot fan/player diss any other school's facilities.