Originally Posted By: Sean Vick
As many of you know, the SCHSSCA benefits from the concessions of the SCHSL championships. We are the only organization that runs them. I agree that splitting them over multiple days would ease the time; however, I for one take a day off of work to go and sell drinks and food to the fans that come and watch the matches. Having to take multiple days, especially this close to the end of school, would be frowned upon. In addition, in my opinion, the SCHSSCA was poorly represented during the matches. I would say we possibly had 15-20 of it members there helping raise money for the NSSC and the Clash. If we had more help from organization members, I say split it up. But I promise you, that will not happen. The same individuals are alway there and we are seeing very few new faces. For us to benefit financially, we need to keep it in the time frame we have it, but adding time between matches must happen so we are not playing at midnight.

Very valid points to consider.

I don't know if there's a system where we can have different SCHSSCA reps rotating "shifts" every year. I know I couldn't get to make it this year, but have already marked championship Saturdays to be at the games helping out

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com