Southern Wesleyan University, in partnership with Daniel High School, will be hosting a preseason boys HS tournament, the first annual Winter Warriors Classic on February 16-18. It will be a SCHSL sanctioned event. This initial tournament will be 8 teams. It will be formatted with 2 groups of 4 teams, where each team will play each opponent in their group one time, so a guaranteed 3 games. The group winners will face off in a final championship game to determine the winner of the tournament.

I will ensure that no region opponents face each other in group play, and will also take into consideration each teams regular season schedule to try and allow as many unique opponents for each team as possible. The games will be played on both of Southern Wesleyan’s premier fields and there will be concessions available for parents/players/coaches as well. The tournament entry fee is $300 and there will also be tournament shirts available for $10 each (encouraged but not required). We will send out an official tournament flyer that will include the design of the shirt prior to the tournament.

In order to ensure that no region opponents are faced in group play, I will only be able to accept 2 teams max per region, so if you want a spot, let me know asap! If you have any questions/concerns please do not hesitate to let me know, I’d be happy to answer. At the end of the day, this tournament is about giving teams the opportunity to grow as a team and get in good game fitness as we prepare for our seasons. Playing the games at Southern Wesleyan means that your boys will get to do that on what will be some of the best fields that they get to play on all season! It will also be a chance for those that are interested in playing at the next level to get exposure.

To reserve your spot, please email me, Phillip Boyer, at pboyer@clemson.edu.